Practical Programming, 3rd ed
Practical Programming for Strength Training, 3rd edition
There is a difference between Exercise and Training. Exercise is physical activity for its own sake, a workout done for the effect it produces today, during the workout or right after you're through. Training is physical activity done with a longer-term goal in mind, the constituent workouts of which are specifically designed to produce that goal. Training is how athletes prepare to win, and how all motivated people approach physical preparation.
Practical Programming for Strength Training 3rd Edition addresses the topic of Training. It details the mechanics of the process, from the basic physiology of adaptation to the specific programs that apply these principles to novice, intermediate, and advanced lifters.
- Each chapter completely updated
- New illustrations and graphics
- Better explanations of the proven programs that have been helping hundreds of thousands of lifters get stronger more efficiently
- Expanded Novice chapter with the details of 3 different approaches to the problem of getting stuck and special approaches for the underweight and overweight trainee
- Expanded Intermediate chapter with 18 separate programs and 11 detailed examples
- Expanded Advanced chapter with detailed examples of 9 different programs
- Expanded “Special Populations” chapter with example programs for women and masters lifters training through their 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s
- Day-to-day, workout-to-workout, week-by-week detailed programs for every level of training advancement
- The most comprehensive book on the theory and practice of programming for strength training in print
Printed in a new larger format for better display of the programs, PPST3 will be an important addition to your training library.
Listen to Rip read excerpts on the Starting Strength Channel: Episode 4, Episode 6
The Aasgaard Company
8.5″ x 11″
Looking for the Kindle edition? Amazon.com, uk, de, fr, es, it
And see our electronic editions page for version information and feedback.