Starting Strength has been called “the best and most useful of fitness books” and has sold over 500,000 copies in a competitive global market for fitness education. Along with Practical Programming for Strength Training 3rd Edition, they form a simple, logical, and practical approach to strength training. After four more years of testing and adjustment with thousands of athletes in seminars all over the country, the new edition of Starting Strength expands and improves on the previous teaching methods and biomechanical analysis. No other book on barbell training ever written provides the detailed instruction on every aspect of the basic barbell exercises found in SS:BBT3.
And while the methods for implementing barbell training detailed in the book are primarily aimed at young athletes, they have been successfully applied to everyone: young and old, male and female, fit and flabby, sick and healthy, weak and already strong. Many people all over the world have used the simple biological principle of stress/recovery/adaptation on which this method is based to improve their performance, their appearance, and their quality of life. SS:BBT3 is your complete guide to developing strength – the foundation of athletic performance and the key to long-term health.
- Why barbells are the most effective tools for strength training.
- The mechanical basis of barbell training, concisely and logically explained.
- All new photographs and improved illustrations of all the lifts, and the biomechanics behind them.
- Complete, easy-to-follow instructions for performing the basic barbell exercises: the squat, press, deadlift, bench press, power clean, and the power snatch.
- Revised instruction methods for all six lifts, proven effective in four years of seminar, military, and group instruction.
- How the human body adapts to stress through recovery, and why this is the foundation of the development of strength and lifetime health.
- How to program the basic exercises into the most effective program for long-term progress.
- Completely indexed.
- The most productive method in existence for anyone beginning a strength training program.
Author: Mark Rippetoe
Paperback: 360 pages
Publisher: The Aasgaard Company; 3rd edition, third revision (June 2017)
Product Dimensions: 11 x 8.5 x 0.8 inches
Alexander Hill –
Buy the book. Everything a person new to lifting should learn is mentioned in this book. The technique is explained in detail through words and pictures to a point that if you can’t perform the lift based off the books description then you may be crippled, or a lifeform that isn’t human. This is the perfect book for the person who has just seen a barbell and plates in person for the first time and is about to ask themselves what they’re supposed to do and how.