The Starting Strength Coach Prep Course is designed to facilitate learning and preparation for the SSC evaluation. The course is organized into 23 modules, each with a core lecture/video, supplementary resources for study, and writing and coaching assignments.
Course modules are delivered online via a Learning Management System to each learner. Access to Slack channels is provided for discussion and problem-solving with instructors and others working through the program. Each person also must keep a training log documenting their development on the platform and progress in their own lifting.
Group discussions are held via online conferencing sessions to supplement the written assignments.
The course is to be completed in 5 months while actively training and coaching lifters. Although aspiring coaches who are working as apprentices in Starting Strength Gyms or as interns at Starting Strength Affiliate Gyms or under SSCs are in prime positions to succeed, the program is open to the general public who are working on their own.
The CPC is a structured and guided course to prepare you as a coach. We cover topics needed specifically for the Starting Strength Coach evaluation, as well as supporting areas that underlie the Starting Strength Model. This includes:
- coaching theory
- anatomy and physiology
- the moment model of barbell training
- teaching the lifts
- specific application of the moment model to each lift
- special modifications for each lift and when to use them
- programming theory
Each student is assigned a SSC mentor who works with them, gives feedback on their assignments and progress, and is there to help them succeed.
The Starting Strength Coach Prep Course is purchased by subscription at $150/month.
- Subscription payment: Recurring payments are charged each month as long as you remain in the program.
- 10-day trial period: If you try the program, but decide that it is not for you within the first 10 days, your account will be fully refunded.
- Cancellation: You can cancel at any time and will receive a prorated refund less a $25 administrative fee.