Injuries and Rehab
This upcoming event will focus on strategies for managing injuries and rehab in the context of training, with an emphasis on the application of the stress/recovery/adaptation cycle to optimize the results and to retain maximum performance throughout the course of the injury. Experts in the field will inform and direct the discussion, with time dedicated to your personal situation and the best way to proceed by training through injuries.
WFAC will be closed Friday and Sunday for training, so make your Saturday workout reservation immediately. This will sell out quickly, so don’t get caught by surprise.
- 3:00-3:30 Rip: Welcome and overview of the weekend’s events
- 3:30-5:00 Darin Deaton DPT SSC: Programming Your Training Through an Injury – The General Concepts
- 5:00-6:30 Robert Santana RD SSC: Nutritional Considerations for Injury and Rehab
- 7:00-9:00 Whiskey Tasting with Rip and Matt (by lottery only, 25 people who enter at registration)
- 7:00-Midnite The Famous StrengthCon Social: BYOB bar and conversation with fellow crazy people
Training at WFAC: 4 sessions are available for the first 30 people who sign up in each one – 10-Noon, Noon-2:00, 2:00-4:00, 4:00-6:00. The SSC Staff will be available for coaching at all sessions, 1 coach for 5 lifters. Again, first come first served. Reserve your slot today**.
The Speakers at The Forum:
- 9:00-10:30 Matthew Akin MD: The Medical Side of Injury – What Doctors Should and Should Not Do
- 10:30-Noon Nick D’Agostino SSC: Tendon and Connective Tissue Disorders – Training Through Tendonitis
- Noon-1:30 Lunch
- 1:30-3:00 John Petrizzo DPT SSC: Hip Replacement – Prosthetics, The Good and The Bad, Primarily The Good
- 3:00-4:30 Capt. Will Morris DPT SSC: Special Populations – Amputees and Hard Cases – The Difficult End of the Business
- 4:30-6:00 Michael Burgos OT SSC: The Hand, The Wrist, and The Grip – Your Connection to the Bar
- 7:00-8:00 Dinner at the Forum: Branding Iron BBQ
- 7:00-Midnite The Famous StrengthCon Social, part 2 (finish what you started Friday) BYOB bar and conversation with fellow crazy people. Music from The Brian Reilly Jazz Quintet
- 9:00-11:00 Breakout Sessions with the Panel: Your personal questions about injury and rehab, submitted in advance, explored in detail by our experts and discussed in the group
- 11:00-12:30 Brian Jones: The Ultimate Rehab Story
- 12:30-2:00 Lunch
- 2:00-3:00 Panel Q&A: Your questions about everything you’ve learned this weekend with our panel of experts
- 3:00 Farewell and Thanks
**You will be contacted by email 3 weeks before the seminar to fill out your training session preferences. Signups will be in the order the event spot was purchased.**